What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~ Albert Pike
We Need You!
We are grateful for funding from the many funding and community service organizations that support our important work. But it is not enough.
How to send your donation:
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX CREDITABLE
There are a variety of ways you can make a gift:
Tribute cards are a way of memorializing a special event or the passing of a loved one, and making an impact in the community in their name. When you donate, you will receive a tax-creditable receipt, and we will send a lovely card in your name to the person you chose. You can specify the wording of the card or leave it to us. If you wish to choose the front of card, click here for samples and let us know which one you want us to use when you make your donation.
Do you wish to direct your gift?
You may choose from among several options to meet your own philanthropic goals, preferences or concerns:
- You can direct your gift to be used where the need is greatest. This allows us to respond more quickly to the ebb and flow of needs that people present to us.
- You can direct your gift to a program or area of our work, such as Senior’s Outreach, Edmonton Healing Centre, or Community Work & Counselling.
- You can support a specific fund-raising initiative when one is underway
- You can set up an Endowment or Reserve to leave a lasting legacy (see below)
- You may have an innovative project in mind that we haven’t thought of. Please email Larry Derkach, Executive Director, or call him at 780.454.1194 to discuss your idea.
Endowments, Reserves and Purses
We are pleased to offer the opportunity to memorialize or honour a loved one, to preserve your family name by establishing a legacy reserve at Jewish Family Services, or support a particular service area that is dear to your heart.
An Endowment is held in perpetuity, with only investment earnings used for the purpose you have specified. A portion of earnings is added to the principal amount each year to preserve the value of the endowment.
A Reserve is also designated for a specific purpose, but both earnings and principal may be used for that purpose. A Reserve is held as long as there are funds remaining.
Endowments and Reserves are invested for conservative growth with minimum risk. Endowments are managed for Jewish Family Services by the Edmonton Community Foundation. Reserves are invested in GICs or similar instruments.
A Purse is similar to a Reserve in its intent, but is meant to be used and replenished more frequently to respond to ongoing needs. Like a “revolving account”, a donor makes regular or periodic contributions to the Purse, and the funds are immediately available as needed.
Please email Larry Derkach, Executive Director, or call him at 780.454.1194 to explore how you might meet your philanthropic goals through an Endowment, Reserve or Purse.
Click here for a list of current Endowments, Reserves and Purses.